Windows VIsta Validation issues RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are trying to deploy Vista and running into validation issues. In some cases we key 0xC004F038 The computer could not be activated. The returned count from your Key Management Service is insufficient. In other cases we get an error that the key is not valid. ANd on the rare occassion a system says it activated.

When we run Slmgr.vbs -dli it says we are licensed, we validate that we are using the key that is noted, but it says our pool is "0"... something is not right in Oz....  Prior to SP1 all activations worked fine and we never had to look at the KMS server even though it was just a couple laptops. But we now that SP1 is out and we are trying to seriously deploy we have activation issues.

We have looked at all the other flags for slmgr and there isn't any helpful information being reported. Are we going to be forced to call MS to debug or are we missing something obvious?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hello DWatson,

I would love to help you, but with my limited knowledge of KMS based Activation, I think it would be quicker for you to get help from MS Support.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:06 PM