Domain Renaming - How this will impact on OCS 2007 (Not OCS 2007 R2) operations in production ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We do have a setup in house AD and OCS 2007 but not OCS 2007 R2 and windows
    OS is windows 2003 servers. We need to change the domain name since we
    implemented the name in such not recommended way.

Domain Name : glonline_pl.com

We need to change the Domain Name : glonlinepl.com.

Does any one know step by step procedures to do this process with out
    effecting domain and OCS 2007 set up ?

Highly appreciate all of yours help..

Net.
    • Edited by Netserv Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:36 AM
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 5:30 AM

All replies

• Are you changing the AD domain namespace and/or your SMTP/SIP namespace?  Basically do you wish to rename you internal AD namespace and not affect your SMTP and SIP domains, or the otherway araound?  Or change both?

I'd persoanlly recommend you only change the SIP domain (and SMTP domain if using Exchange) so that your public domain name used in email and IM is updated but you leave the AD domain name alone.  Exchange 2007 does not support domain renames, for example, and unless you are having specific issues with that underscore character (valid, but not recommended) it can be more headache thatn it's worth.

To update the SIP domain you'd have to add an additional SIP routing domain in the configuration, and reissue all certificates to add (or replace) the domain name to the Subject Name and SAN fields.  Also, each enabled user account would need to be reconfigured with the new SIP domain.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:45 PM
  • If you are combining OCS with Exchange for voice mail, I believe a domain rename is out of the question.  At least with a 2003 domain and Exchange 2007 it is not possible to change the domain name.    If I remembe correctly even the internal CA could give you issues....

Please check on all services in your network before proceeding, because at first sight, it isn't easy...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:49 AM