Pages are not indexed by Live RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I submitted sitemap index file about 2-3 months ago. It contains about 2 million pages. Microsoft has indexed only 8 pages since then. Does anybody know or can help to understand why my pages are not indexed? Other search engines have indexed around 200,000 pages since I submitted sitemap to them. Is there anything special that needs to be done for Microsoft?

Thank you in advance,

Eugene.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Eugene, I spoke with a few senior people on the relevence team. They agreed that you should concentrate on generating relevent backlinks and work on providing unique content. I am unable to assist you further. Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Eugene,

Indexing is based a lot on site rank. As much as we may like to index 100% every site, it is beyond our capabilities to do so at this time. That said, if you could provide your domain name, I'll take a look to see if there are any (easy) on-page changes that can be made to help increase your rank.

Brett
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:26 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Our domain is www.themegafinder.com

Thank you,

Eugene.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 11:44 PM
  • Hi Eugene, I spoke with a few senior people on the relevence team. They agreed that you should concentrate on generating relevent backlinks and work on providing unique content. I am unable to assist you further. Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:02 PM