Can't remeber where I wrote down my product key code and I need to reinstall Windows Xp RRS feed

• Question

• I was using my computer and we had a power outage when the power came back on my computer wouldn't work it kept saying booting then went dead I was told I needed to redown load windows xp but I moved since getting the computer and don't know where my back up disc is or my product code.

Monday, March 23, 2009 5:15 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Sgt Cooper,

Thank you for posting in our Forum. The computer should have a Certificate of Authenticity "COA" sticker afixed on the tower. Laptop computers will have the COA afixed on the bottom. Please visit
    http://www.howtotell.com where you can see COAs. Was your computer built by a major manfacturer or was it built by a local shop? If your computer was built by a major manufacturer the please contact their Technical Support and request them to send you the Recovery Media. This will allow you to reformate the computer.

If your computer was not built by a major manufacturer please contact 
    Media Replacement for End Users of System Builders:

KB326246 - How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and product upgrades, and replace product manuals

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 23, 2009 5:23 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:22 PM