none
Grammar Checking

Question

• I am publishing articles/items written in  Live Writer against both WordPress and Joomal/K2 sites at the moment.  I do have an issue that is very easy to publish an item and leave the odd grammatical error (!) esp. If you make a quick edit and forget to review. I know there is no plugin available or even a beta out there for grammar checking.  so I wondered what the community is using to get around this deficiency.

Daniel

Friday, March 5, 2010 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi

I think there is more than one way to cut this...... I have installed the FF plugin (http://www.afterthedeadline.com/ ) which enables a grammar and spell check in whatever editor your host provides.  I can then open my blog in FF once I have made the post with Live Writer and published. I can press <F4> to do the grammar check then into Live Writer.

It even checked this post!

Cheers

Daniel
    Friday, March 5, 2010 10:11 PM

All replies

• I don't know of one, but I’d be very interested to see one.

-------------
    Later,
    LEHenryJr.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Hi

I think there is more than one way to cut this...... I have installed the FF plugin (http://www.afterthedeadline.com/ ) which enables a grammar and spell check in whatever editor your host provides.  I can then open my blog in FF once I have made the post with Live Writer and published. I can press <F4> to do the grammar check then into Live Writer.

It even checked this post!

Cheers

Daniel
    Friday, March 5, 2010 10:11 PM
  • That is such a cool find Daniel. Really neat.

Someone needs to get the API for that site, and how that works, and get it in to Windows Live Writer as soon as possible as a plug-in..

Good deal.

Later,
    Larry
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 4:56 AM

Someone needs to get the API for that site, and how that works, and get it in to Windows Live Writer as soon as possible as a plug-in..

Good deal.

Later,
    Larry

Yes this would be absoutely brill! Scott, where are you? LOL
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 8:28 AM

Good deal.

Later,
    Larry

Yes this would be absoutely brill! Scott, where are you? LOL

I guess we all need to know if Mcrosoft have another version of LW with a built in checker otherwise Scott et al would be wasting there time.

Daniel
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 5:47 PM
  • I've just released a plugin for Windows Live Writer that uses "After the Deadline" service to provide grammar checking.

See more details here: Spelling and Grammar Checking Plugin for Windows Live Writer.

Arik Poznanski
    blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/arik

• Proposed as answer by Arik Poznanski Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:49 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:31 AM