Wireless drivers missing RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought XP to replace Vista on my Compaq Presario Model CQ60-215DX.  After installing XP, the wireless device manager(s) were gone.  I have called Microsoft who referred me to my ISP who says I must obtain drivers from another source.  Any ideas?  I'm wore out trying to explain to these folks what I need when I don't know myself.  I have an installation disc from my ISP which only goes so far and gives an error message related to the absence of the drivers I think. 

Thanks, Spider83605.

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Spider83605,

It is your responsibility to FIRST establish that your computer manufacturer can provide drivers for an Operating System that did not come preinstalled on the computer.  If the manufacturer does not supply these drivers, another place to try is the manufacturer of the wireless circuitry installed in the computer.

If neither the computer manufacturer nor the circuitry manufacturer can supply the correct driver, then you will need to acquire installable hardware that provides support for the OS you want to run.

Your query may be better answered in a forum whose stated topic is hardware and driver support.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:17 AM