uncovering problem after problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not quite sure what the best course of action is to take here, as I have searched forum after forum, found solutions and tried them only for it not to work and unearth another issue and it is very frustrating, as all I initially wanted to do was download the latest version of iTunes to my laptop so that I can use my new iPhone. However, when trying to extract iTunes, it gets to 'unscheduling apple update software' in the process before a message saying 'there is a problem with this windows installer package. A programme required for this install to complete could not be run, contact your support personnel or package vendor.'

I tried running Windows Update, only to get a message saying 'Windows cannot check for updates because the service is not running, you may need to restart your computer (which, yes, I've already done - several times now).

I tried downloading 'FixIt' only to get the message 'troubleshooting can not continue because an error has occurred... please try again later'. A google search led me to believe Windows Defender may be the issue. So I tried running that and surprise surprise, when I tru and run defender I get an 0x800704200 error message saying the specified service does not exist.

Please can someone help as I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. I just want to use and update my iPhone lol.

Thanks, Kind Regards

- Nathan

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:46 PM