Please Help Me in 70-640 or 72-640 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Professionals

I'm a Student planning to take Exam 72-640 TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration.

I Took the Trainsignal Training Course  (27 Videos, Over 20 hours) and Also now reading Microsoft Press Book Self Based Training Kit for the Exam.

Also I'll take the Trainsignal Course about Windows Server 2008 R2 (12 Videos, over 6 Hours).

Please I want info from those who passed the 70-640 or 72-640 Exam. What Preparation should i take in addition to this things, recommendations and any notes i should take care about.

Please I need your help to pass this Exam.

Thank You.

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I passed 70-640 back in 2008 using the MCTS Training Kit for Active Directory 2008 and the practice exams included with that.

If you review the requirements here, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-640&locale=en-us#tab2, and you are confidant in your knowledge of these requirements then you will have enough to pass the exam.

The best thing you can do is ensure that you are relaxed and confidant going into the exam as this will allow you to use your full knowledge without any mind blanks on the day.

Best of luck,

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Monday, August 30, 2010 11:25 AM
  • I Took the Trainsignal Training Course  (27 Videos, Over 20 hours) and Also now reading Microsoft Press Book Self Based Training Kit for the Exam.

This sounds like you have done enough to have the knowledge to pass, take a practice test from the CD included in the Training Kit to access your level.

If you want additional learning then the best thing you can do is build a Domain at home and simulate common uses and group policy modifications within this domain. In doing this you will be best to use Windows Vista Clients as this was the current technology at the time the exam was released, although it will not harm to use a Windows 7 client as well.

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Monday, August 30, 2010 11:29 AM
  • If you want additional learning then the best thing you can do is build a Domain at home and simulate common uses and group policy modifications within this domain. In doing this you will be best to use Windows Vista Clients as this was the current technology at the time the exam was released, although it will not harm to use a Windows 7 client as well.

Thanks Alot for replying

During Trainsignal Course,. I've done with the instructor every step using VMs, built 3 domain controllers,.. used sites and trusts,.. made Group policy and tested it through clients in addition to many other practices.

I'm now reading Last four chapters in MS Press book (AD CS, AD RMS, AD FS, AD LDS) due to lack of information about these topic in trainsignal course.

I'm very afraid of the exam due to the addition of R2 Questions in the exam. that's why i'm taking another Trainsignal course about Windows Server 2008 R2.

Also what about Microsoft saying "The MCTS candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2", I'm a student,.. This statement makes me afraid,.. does it actually a requirement to pass? or i can pass by the training and books.

Please help me with your advice.

Thanks Again

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:40 AM