none
aspnet copy pagesettings to another user RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find a way to copy the aspnet page settings from one user to another user in the aspnet_personalizationperuser table.  I have tried the proc peruser_setpagesettings and this overwrites the pagesettings blob with the same string from the other user profile, but no change appears on the page... what am I missing?

thanks

Jason

Jason

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:31 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 3:39 PM

Answers

• figured it out.

aspnet db has stored procs to clear, retreive and set per user personalization.

used the procs to clear the users ( [aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_ResetPageSettings]), grab the personalization of another user ([aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_GetPageSettings]), and set the blob of the user to that of the other ([aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_SetPageSettings])

Jason

• Marked as answer by Jason_123 Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:25 PM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:25 PM

All replies

• Your question appears to be unrelated to ,NET Framework, this forum's topic.

For best help with your web application page settings question, I suggest you ask in a topical ASP.NET forum, here:

http://forums.asp.net/

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:57 PM
  • figured it out.

aspnet db has stored procs to clear, retreive and set per user personalization.

used the procs to clear the users ( [aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_ResetPageSettings]), grab the personalization of another user ([aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_GetPageSettings]), and set the blob of the user to that of the other ([aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser_SetPageSettings])

Jason

• Marked as answer by Jason_123 Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:25 PM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 3:25 PM