How can I solve this problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to implement security trimming in my website although it is not working the site still works fin it is just that the trimming is not takeing place. I am using .net 4.0 and I have followed a tutorial but nothing as if I never did the tutorial. And while in the administration tool and creating and manageing access rules I get this message when I select and click done

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation. at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

DKB
    • Moved by Cookie Luo Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:27 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Monday, January 24, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers

• Try search the error message on forums.asp.net. This isn't a .Net BCL error.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by DKB Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:50 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• Try search the error message on forums.asp.net. This isn't a .Net BCL error.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by DKB Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:50 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Hi DKB,

Please try asp.net forum for better support.

Cookie Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:27 AM