Trouble adding deployment administrator from another domain RRS feed

• Question

• Have a client with a hosting partner where their CRM instance(s) will live. The hosting provider has created user accounts for us in Domain A so that we can access the environments and use VPN.

CRM is installed on Domain B.

Our DomainA\user accounts work properly within CRM when set up as CRM users, but I can only add DomainB users as Deployment Administrators. When I try to add a DomainA user as a deployment administrator, I get prompted for a login that has permissions for DomainA. I enter valid credentials, it validates the user, and appears to not have errors, but the new deployment administrator is not created.

I suspect there is just some permission missing somewhere between the domains, but since I don't control the environment I need to tell them where to look, or where to start. The only current deployment administrator is a DomainB user, which I have to log in as to try and add additional deployment admins. What permission do I need to add to the current DomainB deployment admin in order to successfully add DomainA admins? 

Thanks for any insights -

Ken

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:53 PM