Root business unit owned entities. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a user with a security role which grants access at Business Unit level to a custom entity. When I logg in crm with that user (not in the root BU), beside rows from my business unit, I can also see the ones in root BU. Is this correct or is it something wrong? I have checked, the records are not shared with users nor teams.

Thanks in advance.

Zarko

• Edited by Radevic Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:41 AM edit
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Might be User is part of team and team having other role with organization level access.

Please re-check.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Marked as answer by Radevic Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    it's correct. When you grant access at Organization level you give access to all the records of the organization. (with read, write, delete, ... permissions depends where you set the level)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:39 AM
  • I appologize, I miswrote it, the user has Business Unit level access. I edited the question.

Zarko

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

Might be User is part of team and team having other role with organization level access.

Please re-check.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

• Marked as answer by Radevic Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Hi, it is not a team with Organization level access, it is a team with the same security role BUT role from the root business unit. I missed that possibility, thanks.

Zarko

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:59 AM