problems with country tag when renewing subscription RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm having major stress here. I would like to renew my subscription but for whatever reason it has me down as being in the US for my billing info. Well I'm not and Of COURSE it won't let you pick a different country. I was told to sign up for another annoying windows live id with a different e-mail addy. I did that and even though I selected canada for my information when it came up to put in billing information well wasn't it nice of it to select US for me all by itself and not let me change it. I'm really angry and am really close to getting rid of all this windows live id, one care, os, *** and just buying a mac. That's angry...
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:43 AM

Answers

• This issue is usually caused by your browser language setting. Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General>Languages, add English ( Canada) and you should be able to subscribe. While this can be frustrating it helps in keeping consumers from purchasing One Care in countries and languages where it is not supported.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:13 PM

All replies

• This issue is usually caused by your browser language setting. Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General>Languages, add English ( Canada) and you should be able to subscribe. While this can be frustrating it helps in keeping consumers from purchasing One Care in countries and languages where it is not supported.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:13 PM
  • Hi thanks for the reply. I had previously decided to check the region settings in control panel and for whatever reason the guy I bought the cpu off of had it set to USA. I changed all that to canada and it seems to have auto updated Internet explorer as well. Well I signed up for another windows live id with a different e-mail address and it seems to have worked as the billing information automatically came up with canada instead. Now my problem is when I click on renew my subscrition it will only let me log on with the original windows live id which is coded as being USA... Do I have to un-install one care and re-install it using the new windows live id?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:57 PM
  • I think it may be easiest for you to reinstall OneCare and use the new LiveID to purchase/activate a new subscription at this point, Kelly.

-steve

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:40 AM