can I sign in my windows live id using Windows Phone 7 emulator? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to go to the marketplace by using windows phone 7 emulator. Then I chose an free app and clicked on "Install" button. The installer required me to log in to my Windows Live ID. But when I tried to sign in, I received an error message:

"Problem signing in

We're really sorry, but we can't run into a problem, and we're not sure what caused it. This might be a temporary issue that will be fixed if you tried again later, but if you keep seeing this error and want to call support, here's an error code that might help them figure out the problem: 0x8000FFFF."

Is the Windows phone 7 emulator installed incorrectly or the emulator don't support siging in by Windows Live ID?

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Monday, August 1, 2011 2:09 PM not vsto-related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Monday, August 1, 2011 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you can sign in to another service, say, hotmail, using the same windows live id, try the Windows Phone forum on answers.microsoft.com.

If you can not, try the windows live id forum on windowslivehelp.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:39 PM
  • If you can sign in to another service, say, hotmail, using the same windows live id, try the Windows Phone forum on answers.microsoft.com.

If you can not, try the windows live id forum on windowslivehelp.com.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    This is not the problem of my Windows Live ID. I am a developer, and I just want to check that the Windows Phone 7 Emulator run fine to make sure the emulator is reliable.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:34 AM
  • Try the Tools for Windows Phone 7 forum

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:19 PM