HOWTO Make a Web Server App that Supports Windows Authentication without SSL. RRS feed

• Question

• Please help,

I'm trying to make a web server application, that uses the TcpListener approach.
    It is quite simple to make this, and there are plenty of samples in the internet.
    But, I've not figured out how to make my web server support Windows Authentication, as how IIS supports it.

To mention IIS, one can make a web-app in IIS, and choose to have "Windows Authentication".
    In this circumstance, they do not have to have SSL.
    If a user outside the domain tries to access the web site (intranet), the site will force them to log into the domain the web app is under.
    Once logged in, the web-app's hence forth have the user in the "HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name".

Is there any sample anywhere that demonstrates this for using TcpListener without SSL?

• Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:16 PM Wrong forums
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:12 PM

Answers

• To all, I moved this post to the WCF forums. I did try the ASP, but, it has more to do with WCF, than anything else.
    • Marked as answer by J-S-B Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:50 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:50 PM

All replies

• You are posting to the wrong fourm. You should be posting to the MSDN WCF and other Web services forum. By using Bing or Google to find the forum.
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Thanks, I'll post there.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:52 PM
  • Web apps should be posted in the ASP.NET forums (http://forums.asp.net ). 
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, December 11, 2015 1:50 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:16 PM
  • To all, I moved this post to the WCF forums. I did try the ASP, but, it has more to do with WCF, than anything else.
    • Marked as answer by J-S-B Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:50 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:50 PM