ISubscription.GetSynchronizationHistory() returns wrong Time values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm executing the following PowerShell script locally on a Windows Server 2012 R2 R2 machine that has a WSUS configured (version 6.3.9600.18838) on it: 

#Load required assemblies
    [void][reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration")

$wsus = [Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy]::getUpdateServer()

$wsus
    #$wsus=Get-WsusServer
    $sub=$wsus.GetSubscription()

#get synchronization data
    $sub.GetSynchronizationHistory()

The result of the script returns a list of all the synchronization history of the WSUS server.

I've compared the result of the script with the synchronizations view in the Update Services Manager and i noticed that the End Time and Start Time of the synchronizations are different. 

Since I'm executing the script locally on the machine, there is no timezone difference that can explain the time mismatch.

Additionally, the time difference changes from synchronization to synchronization.

Please advise how can I solve this issue or maybe this could be a bug in the method.

Thank You.

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, March 12, 2018 8:38 PM This is not "explain WSUS method output to me" forum
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:53 PM

All replies

• Post in WSUS forum to learn how this works and how to use WSUS admin tools.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:14 PM