Need Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pc and i have installed onecare with the product id disconnected my pc from internet and pug in my pc2 to the internet and installed one care, will it work? can the program specify if i have already use my product key? if yes, how?
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

• When you install One Care on the second PC open One Care, select"Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password used too activate the first computer and One Care will activate. After entering the product key once, your subscription is linked to the Live ID used for the first activation. 
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Note that if the first PC was not actually activated - you must be connected to the Internet to complete the activation process and start the subscription, your key remains unused and you have no subscription yet. In that case, the key will work on the other PC to start the subscription. Once completed, return to the first PC and repeat,  but sign in with the *same* LiveID and the copy of OneCare becomes associated with the subscription.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:41 PM

All replies

• When you install One Care on the second PC open One Care, select"Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password used too activate the first computer and One Care will activate. After entering the product key once, your subscription is linked to the Live ID used for the first activation. 
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Note that if the first PC was not actually activated - you must be connected to the Internet to complete the activation process and start the subscription, your key remains unused and you have no subscription yet. In that case, the key will work on the other PC to start the subscription. Once completed, return to the first PC and repeat,  but sign in with the *same* LiveID and the copy of OneCare becomes associated with the subscription.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:41 PM