mislaid Office 2007 disk! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm wondering if its possible to access my microsoft office code which was installed on my computer after rebooting my computer. I took everything off my computer which includes Microsoft office. I've been advised to insert my code number, but I can't seem to find the disk. I do have the same office software on my other computer though.

Can I access my office 2007 code from my other computer if I don't have the disk?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Thank you,

Sarah
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:47 AM

Answers

• Sarah Tobi,

The Office 2007 disc does not contain the Product key, nor does it have the Product Key printed on the disc.

To find your Office 2007 Product Key:

1.  If purchased at retail separately from the computer, the Product Key for Office 2007 will be located inside the clear plastic retail clamshell box, on a yellow-orange sticker affixed to the inner part of the clamshell.

2.  If purchased preinstalled on the computer, then the End User Licensing Agreement does NOT permit installation of that copy of Office on any computer other than on the computer it came preinstalled on.  These OEM copies of Office come in a plain white thin cardboard CD holder, and the Product Key is printed on the Certificate of Authenticity which is affixed to this cardboard holder.

3.  If the computer came with a Trial installation of Office that you subsequently activated with a Medialess Licensing Kit, then the Product Key was either emailed to you or included in the Medialess Licensing Kit.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:02 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:27 AM