How to develop regarding lookup on custom aspx page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

How to develop regrading lookup on custom page where we are updating the existing task. This page looks same as MS CRM task page. Now here how to get the regarding and owner lookups on custom aspx page? How to develop the Notes tab on custom page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, July 16, 2010 10:24 AM

Answers

• It's not possible for non-CRM users to interface with CRM data.  If you're going to interface with the Web Service API, you're going to need to use a CRM user.  I don't see how you could update CRM tasks, or notes, without one.  Also, if your intent is to allow non-licensed users to interface with CRM data through a proxy account, you will need to obtain the External Connector license for CRM to remain fully licensed with Microsoft.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 16, 2010 4:45 PM

All replies

• I don't think so that you will be able to implement this functionality in custom web page

Mahain
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Hi Mahain,

Any specific reason why I could not be able to implement this?

Friday, July 16, 2010 11:18 AM
  • I think you want to show lookup field same as in CRM in your custom web page ???

Lookup field are result of relationship between two entity and have specific field type, And if you want to get same lookup fields in your custom web page that is not possible (may be you can have workaround to implement same kind of functionality).

But I can think of creating a link with specific crm record if you have a valid GUID.(not sure It's correct in your requirement or not)

Mahain
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:29 AM
  • Ok.

What about the Notes tab?

Friday, July 16, 2010 11:32 AM
  • you can create a custom entity with notes enabled and can open/call this entity form your custom web page. you can write code on you entity form to select notes tab by default (Will it work for you ???)
    Mahain
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:40 AM
  • In this case how could I link my task with this notes. I would like to attach them with the task which is opend for updation?

Friday, July 16, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Ohh sorry, you can open your task entity form directly form your web page
    Mahain
    Friday, July 16, 2010 11:48 AM
  • Sorry to say,

I did not get you properly, could you please elaborate it. How could i open the task entity form directly in my web page, custom application?

Friday, July 16, 2010 12:06 PM
  • Hi Ankit,

MS CRM provide facility of addressable forms so you can easily open task entity form using particular GUID ( that you have ??) form your custom web page

refer for the same

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc150850.aspx

Mahain
    Friday, July 16, 2010 12:12 PM
  • Hi Mahin,

Don't it require the user authentication? Becuase the page which i am going to develop would be accessed by a non CRM user.

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:06 PM
  • It's not possible for non-CRM users to interface with CRM data.  If you're going to interface with the Web Service API, you're going to need to use a CRM user.  I don't see how you could update CRM tasks, or notes, without one.  Also, if your intent is to allow non-licensed users to interface with CRM data through a proxy account, you will need to obtain the External Connector license for CRM to remain fully licensed with Microsoft.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com
    Friday, July 16, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Hi Dave Berry,

Thanks for the details. I am going to get the external connector license for th CRM to remail fully licensed with Microsoft. By using this user only the non crm users could update, close or complete the task. Now while updating the task I would like to have regarding lookup feature on my custom page. In addition with this i also need the Notes tab for non crm users to add notes.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:46 AM