help with certification downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This may sound like a dumb question, but there is little help on the MCP website.  Here's my problem.  I created a logo and linked that logo to my MS Vista test, and I was able to download my certificate for Vista.  Now, I completed the 70-270 WinXP cert, but when I go to the logo builder, I don't have the cert to choose from to link to a logo to download the WinXP certificate.  and of course there's no "how to" on the site, just "use the builder and download" is all that's basically stated.  I'm building the "i love me" wall with my CompTIA and MS certs, but now i can't download the certificate for XP.  If i use MCP, it's not there.  If i use MCTS, only Vista still shows up, yet my transcript clearly states it's completed...  Help....
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 9:56 PM

Answers

•  
    Jody_39 said:

thanks for answering.  Yes, i applied for the welcome kit.  but why is it the only certificate i can print out is the vista one?  how do i get the WinXP to print out?  I'm sure i don't get a welcome kit for each test.  i'm just wondering why i can't print out each test i've passed - when i try to print a certificate for my wall i only have the Vista to choose from - i don't get the option to print a WinXP certificate. 

is there an email/phone number i can access for help on these probs?  the FAQs are worthless on the website for these questions  .

Plus, on the vista cert, the logo wouldn't build/print the cert unless i selected MCTS.  On my transcript, now that i've done XP, it says MCP.  No biggy, just sayin what i went through.

A welcome kit with certification should have been mailed to you after passing the 70-270 exam. If you have applied and have not received it, contact your regional Microsoft Service Center, located at: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.MSPX
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. End. Test. Evaluate.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 7:42 PM

All replies

• If you have taken a Vista test, then you are MCP. By taking the 70-270 exam you do not earn a new desigination. You are still MCP but now you have XP and Vista as technoligies you are proficient in. This is one reason Microsoft has add the new disiginations to their program. MCP covers a lot of ground. Pass most any Microsoft test and you are MCP. Hope this info helps out.

MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

Tim
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:00 PM
  • Technically passing any new generation Microsoft exam doesn't earn you the MCP certification, because there is no MCP certification in the new generation certification world. Granted, when you pass any Microsoft exam, you belong to the Microsoft Certified Professional community - but you only earn the MCP certification by passing the previous generation of Microsoft exams.

Jody, by passing the 70-270 exam; this earns you the MCP certification. Have you applied for the welcome kit yet?
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Friday, October 3, 2008 5:27 PM
  • thanks for answering.  Yes, i applied for the welcome kit.  but why is it the only certificate i can print out is the vista one?  how do i get the WinXP to print out?  I'm sure i don't get a welcome kit for each test.  i'm just wondering why i can't print out each test i've passed - when i try to print a certificate for my wall i only have the Vista to choose from - i don't get the option to print a WinXP certificate. 

is there an email/phone number i can access for help on these probs?  the FAQs are worthless on the website for these questions  .

Plus, on the vista cert, the logo wouldn't build/print the cert unless i selected MCTS.  On my transcript, now that i've done XP, it says MCP.  No biggy, just sayin what i went through.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 6:29 PM
  • Email: mswwprog@microsoft.com

Web https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

Tim
    Friday, October 3, 2008 7:07 PM
  •  
    Jody_39 said:

thanks for answering.  Yes, i applied for the welcome kit.  but why is it the only certificate i can print out is the vista one?  how do i get the WinXP to print out?  I'm sure i don't get a welcome kit for each test.  i'm just wondering why i can't print out each test i've passed - when i try to print a certificate for my wall i only have the Vista to choose from - i don't get the option to print a WinXP certificate. 

A welcome kit with certification should have been mailed to you after passing the 70-270 exam. If you have applied and have not received it, contact your regional Microsoft Service Center, located at: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.MSPX
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Friday, October 3, 2008 7:42 PM
  • Sir,

the email mswwprog@microsoft.com denied me access.  do you have ANY support site email that i can address my problems to in regards to my inability to print my WinXP certificate off?  (The Vista prints fine, but WinXP doesn't show up as an option to print during the logo building process)

thank you,

Jody 
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:03 PM
  • Jody, contact the Microsoft Regional Service Center per by last post and they can assist you with this issue.
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:06 PM