none
S&T 2013 - Cannot save/replace the default New North American Map.stt file RRS feed

• Question

• In previous versions, I would zero in on my home map location and then save this file as New North American Map.stt in the Templates folder so when the program starts up it is where I live and not the whole North American map being displayed.

In 2013 S&T, I save as, then select the default New North American Map.stt file and it asks if I want to replace it and I say "Yes"  then get an error message "Access denied".  Why is this happening?

Thanks, Bob

Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:42 PM

All replies

• Because of the file permissions on the file. This is something which successive versions of Windows have "clamped down on". Basically they are making the operating system more secure by making it harder to mess things up without the proper privileges. "Messing things up" could include malicious software, not just "user error".

Anyway, if you user account sufficient privileges, you should be able to navigate to the directory in question and set "write" permissions on the template you wish to replace.

You might also try running Streets & Trips in Administrator mode to perform the save.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Monday, September 2, 2013 1:52 PM