OCS R2 Enable users won't work RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently trying to setup R2 in a test enviorment. I'm using Win 2003 R2 64-bit servers. When I installed Ocs into the environment, everything was green from schema prep to Front End validation. The problem  I am having is that I can't enable any users. Neither the Communications tab is present in the Properties of a user, nor when I right click a user is "Enable Users for Communications Server" present. I've tried both from the Front End server as well as the DC. I did all the Domain, Forest and Schema Prep checks to make sure everyhing went ok. All were a success. This is becoming really weird now 
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:15 PM

All replies

• Try "mmc -32 dsa.msc"
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:52 PM
  • The R2 install does NOT seem to install the admin tools by default. Simply run the setup again and in the right pane select Administration tool (or something close to that). This will install the tools you need. Good Luck

Mark
    • Proposed as answer by Mark Hanczaruk Friday, February 20, 2009 3:25 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:25 AM
  • I've tried running the 32-bit mmc for ADUC and I  did notice before hand that admin tools didn't load, so I did load it. No luck still, I would like to go to R2 in a production scenario but this is a major hold up.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:05 PM
  • You need to install admintools.msi from the amd64/setup directory.  Do not run the mmc in 32 bit mode after you install the tools - just run it normally.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:54 PM
  • Thanks a lot. That worked!!!!!
    Friday, February 27, 2009 10:01 PM
  • Mike,
    I have 2 days breaking my heath with the same problem, I have followed your instructions with success!!!
    Thanks a lot in advance Mike.
    Best regards,
    Marcos
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:10 PM
  • FYI: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=54
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:32 PM