WM6 language support RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All :

I owned 5 windows mobile devices starting from imate PPC phone edition, to HTC touch (which I'm using now).
    all of them are phone PDA's so I receive text messages, and use it as a phone.

since day one, microsoft has not provided a solution for language support, and the one I need is the arabic, also I tried to browse the certified software and non of them is there.

the only company selling WM6 arabic language support software is a company called informobility, and it's not a certified product.

Won't microsoft be able to provide language support (same as desktop windows) to all mobiles for all languages ?
    I'm sure the other languages have the same issue and they depend on either the operator or the manufacturer of the device to source their own solutions.

I hope microsoft considers that for WM, especially for WM6
    also I hope my suggestion being heard.

Regrads.
    Sunday, August 19, 2007 8:03 PM

Answers

• Yes, After the trial expires the letters will appear seperate.

if your device is HTC Touch, I've found a WM6 ROM Build with FJE full package licensed, BUT it's only for NON WWE ROM's.

if you have WWE Rom, then this won't work, please check Device Information (under settings\System) for ROM type.

* another solution is either to buy the package for WM6, or use the SPB backup to backup your messages and reset the device, re-install FJE and the restore your messgaes (you still lose your programs)

Regards.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:08 PM

All replies

• 3rd party applications

often give us the power to do what we want on our devices. 

Pocket Arabizer is designed to support (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile Arabic localization) for the following devices:

• Pocket PC 2000
    • Pocket PC 2002
    • Pocket PC 2003
    • Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition
    • Windows Mobile 5.0

Pocket Arabizer package includes drivers of Arabic Pocket PC on-screen keyboard, Full Screen Arabic Keyboard and Arabic Handwritten Recognition, it provides the input of Arabic text of Windows Mobile.

With Pocket PC Arabic support you can input information in Arabic and English languages in any application on your Windows Mobile, edit it, save, transfer to other Windows Mobiles or desktop computers and print documents including texts in Arabic language.

I'm not sure if this is what you need but it is worth looking at.

http://www.pocketislam.com/PocketArabizerPPC.htm

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:23 AM
  • thanks and sorry or the late response.

just a question, will microsoft consider adding this feature in the next edition of WM ?

is there options for WM6 arabic language support (that you know) other that informobility ?

regards.

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:16 AM
  • I don't know the answer to that but it is a good question.  There have been several requests for that kind of support and Microsoft does support a variety of languages.  I am sure in time we just might see it ... at least we can hope we do.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:40 AM
  • thats not an acceptable answer from Microsoft!!!  You have millions of Arabic speaking mobile users and it does not seem that we are a priority at all as far as Microsoft is concerned.
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:09 PM
  •  

Hi, i had same problem with a nokia 9500.  solution is if you go to an arabic country, go to a phone shop there and they can upload the microsoft arabic original firmware and you can also buy an arabic keyboard.  got mine done in Saudi Arabia.  Can't understand why microsoft wont make it available in europe.  sturborn people i guess
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:45 PM
  • Good tip Abdul!  Thanks!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:23 AM
  •  

Hello,

I got the same problem, I would know if u had resolved it?

Im waiting your reply. thank you.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:24 PM
  • I had to buy it from developers.

Company name : Imaginet-Software

they have special edition of the Arabizer suit for WM6

I had a chance to trial it for free, but then I had to to buy the full version.

yes I had to pay for it 45 USD, "thanks for microsoft"

Hope it comes as a part of the OS soon.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:49 AM
  •  

thanks wissam,but tel me;since u put it ,u dont have ay problme?i mine ;the phon work very good,not slowly.???did u have any advice to tel me befor i buy it ??thanks for ur help;i want be shoor will be ok .
    Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:08 PM
  •  

thanks for god, no it's fine.

not slow nor problematic, though you might need to download what's called "Input Method Selector" so you can set the default keyboard when restarting the mobile, rather than changing it to arabic keyboard everytime you reboot.

* BTW: My Name is Wasim, not wisam.

Yes I do recomend HTC touch to everyone based on my experience.

regards.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:39 PM
  • thanksssssssssssss wasim....choukrane...we ramadan karim in ur family.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:49 PM
  • Dear Waseem,

Thank you for your extremely important information. I think you stated everything clearly. I just was wondering how did you get access to the Arabizer suite for WM6 by Imaginet sw you mentioned? I visited their website and i didn;t find any link to it?

thanks in advance

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:27 AM
  • This is the software I bought.

http://store.informobility.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=57

I Hope you'll like it, as I did...... let's keep wishing that microsoft recognise us.

Salam

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:57 AM
  • Waseem,

I downloaded the trial for a product from the same site you recommended a bit cheaper (29.99) called Arabic WM6 (http://store.informobility.com/product_info.php?products_id=58) it worked fine at first but it caused trouble when trying to open my txt msgs and it failed to read some arabic text making it appear each letter seperate from the other inversed! anyhow i tried to remove it using software remove application and it was a mess and i still have it on my device while it doesn;t appear on the software remove application!!

I guess it have now to deal with this problem before i can get back to the first problem which is reading arabic txt on my device. a simple problem which microsoft could have solved in a minute if it had little respect for the 300+million arabic speaking customers out there!!!!!

thank you for your help, i think i want to try the Pocket Arabizer software by Smartnetwireless. (http://www.smartnetwireless.com/PocketArabizerPPC.htm) its my only hope now.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:00 PM
  • hi waseem:
     i badly in need for arabic package to my HTC WM6 device and i've read your comments and tried to install it for trial.
    i found all the arabic letters are not connected what's the problem? is there any settings may be needed to setled.
    or this is the case for the trial version??
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Yes, After the trial expires the letters will appear seperate.

if your device is HTC Touch, I've found a WM6 ROM Build with FJE full package licensed, BUT it's only for NON WWE ROM's.

if you have WWE Rom, then this won't work, please check Device Information (under settings\System) for ROM type.

* another solution is either to buy the package for WM6, or use the SPB backup to backup your messages and reset the device, re-install FJE and the restore your messgaes (you still lose your programs)

Regards.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:08 PM
  • Have You Tried Paragon Software? these are Microsoft Certified.

http://www.penreader.com/pocket-pc/arabic/Language_Extender_Arabic.html

Haider Al-Rekabi

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:49 AM
  • try this

httpwww.ce4arab.comvb7showthread.phpt=89261

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:46 PM
  • I know this already and I refuse to use cracking to void poeple's efforts, I'm asking Microsoft to include it as a windows mobile feature.
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:41 AM