Can I use it on a Win 2003 Web Server to compliment our Microsoft Web Application? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a subscription Web Application in a vertical industry built with ASP.NET 2.0 and soon to have AJAX capabilities. I wish to enhance the site by allowing our customers to collaborate over the internet and share documents related to their business interests. The documents can reside on the server. Our web application will allow the subscribers to create Excel, Word and PDF docs saving them to their own workspaces. They can also download these docs to their own workstations (if necessary), but I want it to appear as if the service is a feature of the Web App.

Is this possible and where can I get some assistance in setting it up? Of course I cant give the users free reign on the entire server, so any innovative suggestions would be appreciated. I understand that there are some non Microsoft applications out there that do similar things.
    Friday, May 11, 2007 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

Today the SharedView beta only runs as a service, with the associated client software running as you see it today. Currently there is no easy way to integrate it into existing applications (whether web app or rich client), but this is an area that we are collecting requirements on.  If you'd like I could follow up with you directly on the specifics of the scenario you're looking at.

thanks

Cameron

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:41 PM