Tripp-Lite RRS feed

• Question

• I just tried to hook up WHS CTP to a new Tripp Lite Internet/Office UPS via USB...it shuts down the UPS. It did the same with Vista, but Tripp Lite has a patch for Vista. Any idea how to get WHS to recognize the USB/UPS?

Thanks,

P

Thursday, May 17, 2007 12:17 AM

All replies

• You tried the Vista-patch in WHS? Or maybe there is a Windows 2000/2003 driver of some sort?
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:26 PM
  • P, according to the Tripp-Lite web site, their custom software supports Windows Server 2003, so you should probably just download and try it.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:29 PM
  • Tried the Vista patch on the WHS box, it recognizes that its not Vista and exits. Installing their PowerAlert software didn't fix the problem. I've got an email into Tripp-Lite.

Thanks,

P

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:00 PM
  • I had the same problem with the tripp-lite power alert V12.04 software not recognizing the UPS when plugged into a USB port.  According to tech support, not all USB ports are compatible with the HID specifications of their USB port.  They suggested hooking up the UPS thru a USB hub.  I hooked it up to a powered USB 2 hub and the software found the UPS.

Did a lost power test and it works perfectly!

Sunday, December 2, 2007 11:43 PM