What are the Event ID's when OneCare has problems? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a sofware management package the monitors my event logs.

I want to search for the event IDs for when:

i)   OneCare has old virus definitions
    ii) OneCare is having trouble loading/running.

Can you please tell me what the Event ID's are for this so I can my management package can pick them up and alert me that there is a problem.

Thank you,
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:45 PM

All replies

• I've changed your post to General Discussion from a Question and will be moving it to the General topic folder.
    You may notice that I've noted that the reason for this is that it is an unanswerable question.

This information is not published and since OneCare is a product on the path to retirement, there are no developers lurking in the forums to provide you with this information. OneCare isn't designed to be monitored in this way. I wouldn't be surprised in many of the problems are not logged as Events. On the other hand, OneCare has been known to log an awful lot of benign data as Events.

My recommendation would be for you to create the scenarios that you want to monitor via the events and see what OneCare logs. Remove the network connection, for example, and you will see the error logged as it tried to reach the server for a check. Leave it without a connection for 14 days (or set the clock ahead) and you'll see the error condition for out of date signatures and rules. Set the system clock completely wrong by years, reboot the PC and OneCare will fail to start. Etc.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:30 PM