Importing opportunities from one environment to another RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 instances of CRM (1 for development; 1 for production), however, when I try to import opportunities from one to the other, the destination environment says there are 0 records in the file.

Anyone come accross this? Is there a tag that points to a specific environment?

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:35 PM

Answers

• If you exported records from the first organization and chose the option to make the data available to re-import and then tried to import into a different organization you'll find that it doesn't recognize any of the records. To move data between environments, don't use the option to re-import. Export the field and then walk through the import process and map the fields accordingly.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:37 AM

All replies

• About parent child entities import read this article

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, April 26, 2013 6:44 PM
  • If you exported records from the first organization and chose the option to make the data available to re-import and then tried to import into a different organization you'll find that it doesn't recognize any of the records. To move data between environments, don't use the option to re-import. Export the field and then walk through the import process and map the fields accordingly.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:37 AM
  • Excellent! Thank you Jason!
    Monday, April 29, 2013 12:45 PM