none
Synced files show up only the computer they were created on RRS feed

• Question

• I am using synctoy 2.1 to synchronize between my work desktop and a portable hard drive (WD My Book). Desktop is running XP. I run synctoy and when I check, the files appear on the hard drive and I can access them. I come home, hook up the portable hard drive to my laptop (running Vista) and the files are not there. I take the hard drive back to work, connect to my desktop and files are there. I get the same problem if I sync my laptop: The files don't appear at work on my desktop, but appear when I hook back to my laptop. It seems that the files are only accesible on the computer I use to create them. Any ideas?
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,
        I am sorry to know you have such bad experience, but I do not think this problem was caused by SyncToy, as we did not met such issue before and we did not get such feedback from customer either. SyncToy just treat the files(copied/updated/deleted) same as file explorer. You may need to figure out if there is some special setting for you hard drive or between two OSes.
    Very simple verify could be, create a common file on your hard drive through XP OS, then try to access through you labtop(vista OS).

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:44 AM