OCS 2007 R2: Can not add Enterprise Edition Server to pool RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to 'Add Enterprise Edition Server to Pool' it installs all the apps but then when it goes to open the screen for configuration and to select the OCSPool I get an error:

"There are no pools available for this operation. Please make sure you have sufficient privileges. If a pool was recently created, please wait for active directory replication to finish and try again. (error code: 0xC3EC794D)"

I am logged on as a domain admin, and a member of RTCUniversalServerAdmins. For troubleshooting I went ahead and installed the OCS2007R2 admin tools on the SQL server and on the machine I am trying to add as a front end server. The admin tools on the SQL box see the ocspool when I expand Enterprise pools. However when I try to expand Enterprise pools on the machine I am trying to add there is nothing there.

I am running SQL 08 Enterprise on the backend, have created the pool and configured the pool. SQL is running on Server 08 x64 as well as all other machines for OCS2007R2. The DB is dedicated to OCS 2007 R2 Deployment.

When creating the pool I configured it to archive instant messages, enable call detail... and QOE. Pool was created no problem. I then configured the pool from the SQL box for conferencing attendant, conferencing announcement, response group, outside voice control... and said I would configure external later...

I have setup the monitoring server and archiving server already and they show up on the DB server within the tools but not on the machine I am trying to make a Front end box.

Have turned off the windows firewall and that makes no difference. The machines are all joined to the same domain. My DNS entry for the ocspool is directed at the VIP of an F5 load balancer I have modified the DNS entry to point directly at the Front End box I am trying to configure. Didn't work either.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I am coming to a total loss! Thank you!
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:57 PM

Answers

• after fighting and fighting with it I decided to rebuild. That solved my problem guessing I had made them rather unhappy when trying to troubleshoot the F5 earlier. All is well now!
    • Marked as answer by RodgerH Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:29 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:28 PM

All replies

• Found the problem was with the F5 load balancer configuration. Got one of the front end server to join the pool now the other two boxes are giving me issues saying they can't access the pool information... Error code: 0xC3EC7A19 guess I will look into that one now.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 6:28 PM
  • after fighting and fighting with it I decided to rebuild. That solved my problem guessing I had made them rather unhappy when trying to troubleshoot the F5 earlier. All is well now!
    • Marked as answer by RodgerH Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:29 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:28 PM
  • I got the same error - after installing Group And Contact Management for Office communicator 2007

Turns out reinstalling the admin tools was the fix or using another machine with Admin tools works. -  easier than reinstall

Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:23 PM
  • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441384(office.13).aspx
    you need  Microsoft Knowledge Base article 953582, it helped me
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:44 AM