Dynamics CRM 4 Rollups, I could use a little help here. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I already updates my CRM server from nothing to rollup 15. I have to be honest, I don't know why it's working and back then, I didn't really care because the server wasn't in production anyways. But now that the CRM is in production and I'm experiencing problems with the Outlook Client so I would like to move on to Update 21.

I have a few questions on rollup updates in Dynamics CRM 4.0

1) How do the hotfixes and manual configurations work? The list of things to do look like in the code block below. My problem is that none of these look like something I need to do. Is it just a list of problems I might be having and how to fix the problems? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do...

The following KB articles contain hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually and that are included in Update Rollup 6. Note If you previously installed Update Rollup 6, and if you manually enabled these hotfixes and updates, you do not have to manually enable these hotfixes and updates after you apply Update Rollup 10.•974584 You cannot deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 by using an account that does not have local administrator permissions on Microsoft SQL Server 974597 Htm/html attachments that may contain malicious scripts can be opened in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 974

896 The Asyncoperation tables grow very large in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0

2) Am I supposed to download the Outlook Client updates? There's a button "Check for Updates" in the Outlook Client. Is clicking on this button once the server is updated good enough?

Thanks you for your help,

Benoit

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:55 PM

All replies

• You are correct, if you do not experience a problem, you do not need to implement the manual update.

Regarding the Outlook Client, you do need to install updates. It is best the update will match that one installed on the server.

You can download RU21 for Server and Outlook from the following link:

Update Rollup 21 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (KB 2621054)
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28799

• Proposed as answer by TeaDrivenDev Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:38 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:58 AM