Windows 7 and SyncToy 2.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently had Windows reinstalled  on my computer.  They put on Windows 7 Professional so I understand this is now a 64 bit operating system.  If I download SyncToy 2.1, do I download the 64-bit version?

Also are there negative issues between these two?  I understand from previous forums that SyncToyV 2.0 did not work well with Window 7.

What can I expect the first time that I run the SyncToy?
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi birdlady25,

Thank you for choosing SyncToy. Both SyncToy x64 and x86 can work on x64 Systems. And SyncToy 2.1 works well with the folders used to work with SyncToy 2.0.

So you can feel free to install and use x64 version of SyncToy 2.1 on your new 64-bit Windows. And please notice that SyncToy 2.x might spend a long time on the first sync session if there are too many files and subfolders in the sync folders.

Thanks

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Friday, December 25, 2009 2:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi birdlady25,

Thank you for choosing SyncToy. Both SyncToy x64 and x86 can work on x64 Systems. And SyncToy 2.1 works well with the folders used to work with SyncToy 2.0.

So you can feel free to install and use x64 version of SyncToy 2.1 on your new 64-bit Windows. And please notice that SyncToy 2.x might spend a long time on the first sync session if there are too many files and subfolders in the sync folders.

Thanks

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Friday, December 25, 2009 2:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:28 AM
  • Is this the same Birdlady from Nanaimo?????  If so it's James from BGC.  Lost your email.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:55 PM
  • It works just fine with Windows 7 even over wireless to desktop running XP. Great program.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:18 PM