***MAJOR BUG*** RRS feed

• Question

• Description
    After installing PP3 on WHS, I had 1 account/profile (Admin) on the client, and then I decided to create an additional account/profile for my daughter. When I logged in the newly created account/profile- It was evident that PP3 features such as library shares and homeserver jumplist entries were not present on my newly created account/profile created for my Daughter. However WMC connector installed correctly in her account/profile and strangely WMC works as intended (it has the homeserver option listed along with music, video, pictures, etc...) - so it appears as though, PP3 only installs on primary account, and all account (profile) created after pp3 installation will be broken.

***The major bug here*** is PP3 breaks WMP 12 on secondary accounts/profiles. At least with additional profiles other than admin, in my daughter's profile (secondary account/profile, as standard user) WMP will not add music to its library, also, the rip folder location is not available (although the button is there, when you click on it nothing happens.) Also, you cannot click on "Turn on media sharing" it thinks for awhile and never turns on.

FYI... this was a clean installation of WHS also it was a clean installation of Windows 7 RTM.
    Comments
    Reproduction Steps
    -I tried deleting the secondary profile and re-creating it
    -I try re-installing the PP3 connector software several times
    Observed Results
    -PP3 will not function on secondary profiles and breaks WMP 12's ability to rip and add media to it's library - Also in secondary profile "Turn on media sharing" is broken
    Expected Results
    To have all the feature of PP3 for all profile on the client
    (Multiple accounts)

Ensure you provide the following attachments (select Edit Attachments on next page):

What are the CAB Numbers obtained from the Windows Home Server Toolkit?  (Enter "Not Applicable" if not CAB)
    Not Applicable
    File Attachments
    0 attachments | attach files
    Attached Files:
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:33 AM

Answers

• Ok found a fix... I copied the main account (c:\user\main) to (c:\user\secondary) and now all the features of PP3 works... so there must be configurations files in there for PP3 that did not transfer over when I created a new account. ???
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:38 PM

All replies

• I was wondering, maybe it's isolated to just me, can anyone who has only one profile/account on their client, try creating a new one and see if the above is true? Would be good to know, that this bug is only affecting me. Then I could try reinstalling everything again and give it another go.

That's the purpose of PP3 right, finding bugs?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Pied,
    Was planning to check this out, maybe tomorrow, so please stay tuned?

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:00 PM
  • Cool...
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:34 AM
  • Hi,
    Did not realise I still have Windows 7 RC (64 bits) on my test environment.
    Checked RC on this by creating a new standard user account. No problems there...

As soon as I have RTM installed (eh - real soon now ... ;-) I will re-test for this.
    - Theo.

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:56 PM
  • I’m curious, did you test WMP 12?

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:02 PM
  • Ok found a fix... I copied the main account (c:\user\main) to (c:\user\secondary) and now all the features of PP3 works... so there must be configurations files in there for PP3 that did not transfer over when I created a new account. ???
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:38 PM
  • Pied,
    Sorry it took so lo.o.ong ... but finally came to testing this on Windows 7 RTM (Ultimate 64-bits).
    (un :-)Fortunally I was not able to reproduce any of the problems you discribe?

(Windows Home server MC Integration was installed and fully functional on my main administrative account)

Created a new (standard) user:
    * Logged in and waited a few secs for the new Desktop to be initialized.
    * MC integration worked fine.
    * WMP12 worked fine an immediately started to build it's librarie from all media on the Home Server.
    * Was abled to rip and then play tracks from a Music CD.

- Theo.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:52 PM