Control Panel should not be hidden RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

in the menu I was searching for the control panel to change some regional settings to fit my keyboard layout. Also I wanted to change the setting for memory dump after a crash from full, which hurts with currently 1.3 GB on a 34 GB disk a lot, to kernel only.

But there was no control panel, I had to execute Start/Run/control to get access to it.

So why is it hidden? Is there a real reason behind (or did I only overlook it)?

If not the control panel should be a visible part of the UI as in all other Windows versions.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, February 26, 2007 7:24 PM

All replies

• There is a bug report on Connect concerning this. You should go there to weigh in.
    Monday, February 26, 2007 8:00 PM
  • Also until they fix this just right click on the taskbar>properties>start menu> customize and add anything you want to show on the start menu, Control Panel, Printers, Network Connections ETC. just like in XP or SBS.

But it was already there under "all programs" > "Administrative tools" as individual program link intead of opening the control panel. I missed it at first too..

Rex

Sunday, March 4, 2007 4:52 PM