CRM 2011 Client with Update Rollup 11 accessing CRM 2011 Server with Update Rollup 14 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

Recently we installed Update Rollup 14 server component to one of our CRM server(CRM2011-Server-KB2849744-ENU-amd64.exe).

But my Client is still having Update Rollup 11 and i do not want to update the client to UR 14 because when i tried to install the client it is actually slowing down the Outlook in all our client machine.

My question here is, can i access the CRM 2011 server with update rollup 14 from  a CRM 2011 client with the older Client rollup i.e. (UR 11)?

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Friday, December 13, 2013 6:26 AM

All replies

• It is possible to run the CRM server and the Outlook clients at different rollup levels. However, this is not recommended and not best practice. Reason being, there may be a fix for a specific issue that requires the fix to be installed on both the CRM server and the Outlook client.  You may also notice some strange things happening due to the mismatch of the rollups.

I would suggest adding the rollup to one of the Outlook clients and then trying to determine why there is slower performance on the Outlook client, and if there is anything that can be done to speed it up such as allowing more simultaneous downloads, checking mailbox size and how full it is, etc.

Jason Peterson

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:33 AM