none
Live Writer Posting Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Live Writer for quite some time.  Now, all of a sudden, when I post to my WordPress blog, much of the HTML formating shows up, it doesn't upload the pictures.  When I post to my Windows Live Space, it is formated correctly but the pictures don't show up.  I have tryed the Beta Version and uninstalled to go back to the orginal version as well...

Any thoughts? 
    Friday, January 2, 2009 1:06 PM

All replies

• Can you link me to a blog on Windows Live Spaces that has this problem?  That is the best way I can try and track down the problems.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 1:35 AM
  • This is also happening to me with my Wordpress install. I always used this software to update my blog, but I can't use it anymore. It's a shame.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Perhaps you are having this issue: http://josephscott.org/archives/2008/12/problems-with-libxml2-for-wordpress-xml-rpc-users/ ? or is something different?
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:57 AM
  • No idea. I don't even know what that article is talking about.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:57 AM
  • khristopherjr--if what you're seeing is that none of your formatting is respected, and there are extra "p"s and other foreign-looking stuff in your post, then it's likely the problem. You can try sending that link to your web host company's technical support and they might be able to help you--other people have reported success in getting their hosts to fix the problem.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:33 AM
  • Well when I use the Wordpress admin area to write a post, there is no problem at all. I will probably just have to uninstall Writer. No point in having it on my computer if it does not work.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:36 AM
  • I understand your frustration. If there was something we could do, we definitely would, but as this issue is completely on the server side there is no way for us to work around it. Sorry.

There is a server-side workaround linked to at the end of the bug ticket, but it involves hacking numerous PHP files, not for the faint of heart.

Friday, January 23, 2009 1:41 AM