Win Vista laptop stopped sync'ing RRS feed

• Question

• My mesh has two PC's running Win XP SP3 and one laptop running Win Vista Home Premium SP1.  The whole mesh was working fine until about two days ago, when the laptop stopped sync'ing properly.

I have several folders sync'ed between my PC's, the laptop, and the cloud.  I tried making folders from each computer and sync'ing them with different combinations.  The laptop has 3 folders that sync just fine, but it won't sync with any new folders--whether I create them from the laptop or from the PC.  I can upload to cloud folders fine, and when I created a new cloud folder and told it to sync with everything, the folders properly appeared on both PC's desktops--but not the laptop.

What I was doing:  I had moved a sync'ed folder off the laptop's desktop to see if it would keep sync'ing, and when it didn't, I just deleted the un-sync'ed folder, unsync'ed it with the laptop (using the live desktop), and then resync'ed it with the laptop.  But now, no new folders will appear on the laptop.  (I have since discovered how I should've changed the folder location.)

Also, the "news" in the laptop mesh notifier hasn't updated, although I can choose "see all news" and that works.

Any ideas?  I haven't yet tried uninstalling/reinstalling because I didn't know if that might destroy data useful to troubleshooting.

Thanks,

John McDonnell

Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I think the best first step here would be to have you collect the Live Mesh logs from the laptop (they should tell us what's going on) and submit a bug through Connect (instructions).  After you have submitted the bug, please post the Connect Feedback ID here so that I can follow up on this with our developers (and so that other people having the same or similar issue can validate your bug).  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

I think the best first step here would be to have you collect the Live Mesh logs from the laptop (they should tell us what's going on) and submit a bug through Connect (instructions).  After you have submitted the bug, please post the Connect Feedback ID here so that I can follow up on this with our developers (and so that other people having the same or similar issue can validate your bug).  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 5:20 PM
  • I've submitted the bug report, feedback ID 410279.

--John

Monday, February 2, 2009 11:54 PM