Error report of not enough room in "Users" RRS feed

• Question

• I have just rebuild my server and on reloading the data into a user account I get a warning message saying "not enough room in users" although there is 1.2Tb of free space. Any ideas?
    Friday, October 24, 2008 9:50 PM

Answers

• Problem solved.

The folder I was trying to copy was 40Gb from a Vista PC was too big, I copied the individual sub-folders (max size 20Gb) and all data now restored.

The error message was missleading there was enough space in "Users" (1.2Tb), the limitis on the file copy must have been exceeded.
    • Marked as answer by Monadh Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:17 AM
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:16 AM

All replies

• Monadh said:

I have just rebuild my server and on reloading the data into a user account I get a warning message saying "not enough room in users" although there is 1.2Tb of free space. Any ideas?

Is that the exact error message?  If not, what is it?  Are you copying from Vista?  How many drives do you have in your server?  What are the sizes of each one?  Which one is your primary drive?  Please provide as much info as you can.
    Friday, October 24, 2008 10:08 PM
  • Problem solved.

The folder I was trying to copy was 40Gb from a Vista PC was too big, I copied the individual sub-folders (max size 20Gb) and all data now restored.

The error message was missleading there was enough space in "Users" (1.2Tb), the limitis on the file copy must have been exceeded.
    • Marked as answer by Monadh Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:17 AM
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:16 AM
  • Monadh said:

Problem solved.

It's probably due to data being stuck in the "landing zone" (D partition on the primary drive).  You can see my post called Drive Extender Not Migrating Data for details and a tool created by Theo van Elsberg called LZreallocator that forces the data from that partition to another drive.  Also, MS is aware of this issue.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:41 PM