Problem reloading Synctoy2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have recently had to do a restore from my restore drive and I am now having trouble with Synctoy2.
    Whe  I try to run Syntoy it tells me the shortcut is corrupt ,this even if I run  it from  the directory containing it.
    I tried to re-install but now ghet the message below.
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'SyncFrameworkInstalled' and value '1': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x86)', phase BuildList
    Running external check with command line "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe"
    Process exited with code 1
    Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
    Running external check with command line "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\msfcheck.exe" {70903796-C8C6-475D-BDB2-B32AC46AF40A} 1
    Process exited with code 0
    Setting value '0 {int}' for property 'SyncFrameworkServiceInstalled'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x86)':
    Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
    Property: [SyncFrameworkServiceInstalled] = 0 {int}
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'SyncFrameworkServiceInstalled' and value '1': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    EULA for components 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86), Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x86)' was accepted.
    Copying files to temporary directory "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\"
    Copying from 'k:\ad6e1cd90ddb7a73980140221c00\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' to 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    File 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    File 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\msfcheck.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    Copying from 'k:\ad6e1cd90ddb7a73980140221c00\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi' to 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\ProviderServices.msi'
    File 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    File 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework Services\msfcheck.exe' already copied.  Skipping file copy.
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86)', phase BeforePackage
    Running external check with command line "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\..\DotNetFx\dotnetchk.exe"
    Process exited with code 1
    Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
    Running external check with command line "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\msfcheck.exe" {13B7A226-9563-4965-BC23-1F83B498F5D7} 1
    Process exited with code 0
    Setting value '0 {int}' for property 'SyncFrameworkInstalled'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86)':
    Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
    Property: [SyncFrameworkInstalled] = 0 {int}
    Running checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi'
    Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'SyncFrameworkInstalled' and value '1': false
    Result of checks for command 'Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Verifying file integrity of C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi
    WinVerifyTrust returned 0
    File trusted
    Installing using command line '"C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe" -I "C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD29.tmp\Microsoft Sync Framework\Synchronization.msi" -q APPGUID={A648DDB6-BA56-4233-A3FE-F14D1121B78B}'

I have tried to remove by uninstalling through control panel but can find no entry for Synctoy there?
    Anyone help?
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi -

Can you uninstall the "Microsoft Sync Framework v 1.0" and the "Microsoft Sync Framework Service V1.0". You should be able to find an entry for this in the "Add/Remove Programs". After removing this - try installing the application again and let us know how that goes.

Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I have looked in install/unistall and the two entries you refer to are not there. I do have Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 & Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (kb928366) & Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0?
    During the Synctoy install the error it returns states that it cannot load the two you refer to,if I then go to the log it gives the message sent in my first mail.
    Alichuk
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:05 AM