none
When begins to govern the new recognition system? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

From that time begins to govern the new scheme of recognition?

Jaime
    • Edited by JaimeH Saturday, September 3, 2011 3:32 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• For the onboarded systems the recognition system recalculated all activities for all time, effectively making it like it's always been there.

• Marked as answer by JaimeH Friday, September 2, 2011 5:27 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• For the onboarded systems the recognition system recalculated all activities for all time, effectively making it like it's always been there.

• Marked as answer by JaimeH Friday, September 2, 2011 5:27 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Thank you very much Sean
    This necessarily means that the scores have scores go up, right?

Jaime
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Not 100% sure what you're asking here Jaime. The system is up to date from all history (except for the past few hours which are still catching up).
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Maybe I'm wrong but I think the score for: Your forum post is confirmed as an answer by the original question asker. + 10, is not it?
    Now +15 or +20.

Jaime
    • Edited by JaimeH Friday, September 2, 2011 5:55 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:52 PM
  • We haven't changed any of the points awarded for Forums between when it launched two months ago, no.
    Friday, September 2, 2011 6:26 PM
  • The last update of the previous scheme showed +10, and as no image of the document kept Actal modified I can only refer to this one. And there is talk of +10.
    So I think it should recalculate all the scores and necessarily increase. So when asked after apply this new scheme. Reply from which it began to participate.
    Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Jaime
    • Edited by JaimeH Friday, September 2, 2011 7:07 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 6:44 PM
  • Hi all

How is this done?

Your forum post is confirmed as an answer by the community.

It refers to someone other than the questioner qualify as an answer?

This score is added if:

Your forum post is confirmed as an answer by the original question asker.

And as someone other than the questioner may qualify as an answer, if now when questioner qualify as an answer there is no button to qualify for someone else?

Or to meet when the questioner did not qualify as an answer?

If so would enable the button again and recalculate the current scores are not?

Jaime
    Friday, September 2, 2011 8:24 PM
  • The basic idea is that we want users to help each other, this usually takes the form of an answer. Various users can mark answers but mostly it is moderators and the person that asked the question. The person that contributed the reply that is marked will get points and credit for that. When we rolled out the recognition changes back in July we ran the entire history of participation through the numbers (see the Recognition FAQ for specifics). Now regarding the differences in points contributions, again the FAQ is the place to see those details. 

At a high level we want users to get more points if the person that actually asked the question things so, who better then them to evaluate this? So in this case they get more than the usual historic 10 points. The other new thing in the system is that we want people to answer questions quickly, so replies that come quick that are validated as answers will get more than the 10 (see FAQ).

Let us know if there are more questions, I'm not sure I'm following some of the above. Hope I have helped, if not, let us know.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, September 2, 2011 11:26 PM
  • The basic idea is that we want users to help each other, this usually takes the form of an answer. Various users can mark answers but mostly it is moderators and the person that asked the question. The person that contributed the reply that is marked will get points and credit for that. When we rolled out the recognition changes back in July we ran the entire history of participation through the numbers (see the Recognition FAQ for specifics). Now regarding the differences in points contributions, again the FAQ is the place to see those details. 

At a high level we want users to get more points if the person that actually asked the question things so, who better then them to evaluate this? So in this case they get more than the usual historic 10 points. The other new thing in the system is that we want people to answer questions quickly, so replies that come quick that are validated as answers will get more than the 10 (see FAQ).

Let us know if there are more questions, I'm not sure I'm following some of the above. Hope I have helped, if not, let us know.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Thank you for responding Brent
    Precisely because i am reading Recognition FAQ all these doubts.
    Then any differences in how assign Recognition and why you say +10 but Recognition FAQ are +15,  must recalculate.
    Also repeatedly responds within 8 hours +20, must recalculate introducing algorithm for calculating time difference question answer.
    Also if someone else in the forum believes the answer is correct he should have access to qualify as such before or after the questioner qualifies or not, and you have to adapt the tool for this and recalculate.

Jaime

• Edited by JaimeH Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:31 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 11:53 PM

Excuse my insistence, but with that statement and as the qualifying conditions have changed, I reiterate that must recalculate all accrued and necessarily will increase.
    Jaime
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:41 PM