locked
Claim-based authentication problem - Login prompt RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm trying to set up claim-based authentication.

    I've used this resource as a basis for my configuration. ADFS itself is running fine as another application which I've been developing uses ADFS login and that works well.

    However, after following that guide and attempting to log into CRM, I am greeted by a regular login prompt. No matter what I type in (be it a valid user account or an administrator account), I receive a 401 error.

    All I know is that it's the ADFS server which is showing me the prompt (after CRM redirection). No errors appear in the Event Viewer (neither on the CRM server nor on the ADFS server) which would correspond to what I'm seeing on the screen.

    What could be the issue? How should I approach this problem?

    PS. When looking for similar issues, the most common one is about expired certificates for year-old deployments. This is not the issue - the deployment is new, and so are the certificates!

    Monday, December 23, 2013 2:02 PM

All replies

  • I think you can try to run an iisreset on adfs server and also on CRM server.

    Then you can try to open internal claim base CRM url first to see if it works or not.

    Download the IG see if it helps:

     Dynamics CRM 2011 Configuring Claims-Based Authentication white paper 

    Wilson

    Friday, December 27, 2013 7:43 AM
  • Your first suggestion was the first thing I tried.

    I'm not sure about the second. Trying to access the CRM via a localhost address works fine, trying to access it via https:// shows me the standard login prompt (rather than the ADFS login) and then the 401 page.

    Linking the white paper without anything else to go on isn't really helpful. :(

    Friday, December 27, 2013 9:20 AM