none
Seeking Clarification on Certification path to MCM Sql Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• My doubt is that if I go for MCTS for SQL Server 2008 BI Development & Maintenance and then go for MCITP BI Developer 2008, I won't be able to go for MCM Sql Server 2008, as, As per the MS certification path for MCM Sql Server 2008, prerequisites are MCITP certifications in Database Develper 2008 (1) and Databse Administrator 2008 (2). Please clarify...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Pursuing MCITP and MCTS BI doesn't restrict you from meeting the SQL MCM requirements, it just doesn't help you in meeting the prerequisites.

There currently is not a SQL MCM "BI" certification (maybe some day - but not in the near future). 

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best Regards,

Joe

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:40 PM
  • If you pass the exams for the TS SQL Server 2008 BI Dev & Maintenance (70-448), and the Pro Designing a BI Infrastructure (70-452), this gives you the MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008. This allows you to count as one of the MCPs required for a Partner to acheive the new Gold Competency status with regards to BI.

The other way to qualify as an MCP for the BI Gold Competency is to get the MCM SQL Server 2008. This is a much more advanced credential. There are database certifications required as pre-requisites and then there are two exams specific to getting this credential.

The two BI exams will not help you towards gaining the MCM qualification, but they in no way prevent you acheiving it. If you want to qualify towards a BI Gold Competency as part of a partner, the two BI exams will be enough.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Pursuing MCITP and MCTS BI doesn't restrict you from meeting the SQL MCM requirements, it just doesn't help you in meeting the prerequisites.

There currently is not a SQL MCM "BI" certification (maybe some day - but not in the near future). 

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best Regards,

Joe

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:40 PM
  • If you pass the exams for the TS SQL Server 2008 BI Dev & Maintenance (70-448), and the Pro Designing a BI Infrastructure (70-452), this gives you the MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008. This allows you to count as one of the MCPs required for a Partner to acheive the new Gold Competency status with regards to BI.

The other way to qualify as an MCP for the BI Gold Competency is to get the MCM SQL Server 2008. This is a much more advanced credential. There are database certifications required as pre-requisites and then there are two exams specific to getting this credential.

The two BI exams will not help you towards gaining the MCM qualification, but they in no way prevent you acheiving it. If you want to qualify towards a BI Gold Competency as part of a partner, the two BI exams will be enough.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:18 PM