Communicator Web Access - blank RRS feed

• Question

•  

It just shows a blank page.  Viewing it in a browser or in IIS 6 shows nothing but a blank page. ANy suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:14 AM

All replies

• Can you give us more information on your problem (you know that this is a technical OCS/LCS forum and most of the time we need more feedback to resolve or analyze your problem.

How did you create the CWA Virtual Server?

Which certificate do you use?

Are there any other virtual servers on the IIS server using SSL etc.

-Joachim Farla

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:00 PM
  • How did you create the CWA Virtual Server?
    Basically the default way the installer sets it up. We have a default website on port 80 with ssl 443.

Communicator Web Access is on port 81 with ssl 444

Which certificate do you use?
    Basic ssl certificate like any other Secure site we host.

Are there any other virtual servers on the IIS server using SSL etc.

Default website is usiing ssl on port 443.

RIght clicking on Communicator Web Access in IIS and choosing brose says web page cannot be found. I can go into the cwa folder and see a page that is there and go to browse that and its still cant fidn a page that is there.

https://localhost:81/cwa/Client/blank.htm =

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• You are not connected to the Internet.
    • The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.

Not sure why this thing can't find pages that are there. Any help is appreciated.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:16 AM
  • It is giving a HTTP 404 now. It is all installed with defaults as you run thugh the installation. other things on the same server work fine. Dot Net sites and regular html. I am not sure what is going on with this thing. I have googled CWA http 404 and nohting comes up anywhere. Is there a guide on the best setup for this on a windows 2003 32bit server? We have installed in on two separate server with one being 32bit and the other 64bit... both are win2k3 and both of them do the same thing. I have searched on this site but haven't found anyone having this issue. I am not sure why and any advice would be helpful.

I do know that in firefox i get a different response:

FIREFOX:
    error code: -12263

This error definition on the firefox site is:

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG  -12263  "SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length."

This generally indicates that the remote peer system has a flawed implementation of SSL, and is violating the SSL

specification.

THanks

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:01 AM
  • https:// on port 81 goes wrong. Create a new CWA Virtual Server make sure the application pool identity is created. When using hostheaders and SSL make sure you edit you IIS metabase with the IIS Metabase Editor. Can you send me the CWA deployment log?

-Joachim

Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:48 PM
  •  

I ran into a 404 error and was able to resolve it by going to the ASP.net tab and selecting a version.  For some reason there was not a version selected.  I reproed this a few times.

So Here Are The Steps:

Open IIS

Select Websites

Right Click Failing Site and Open Properties

Click ASP.Net Tab

Select a version

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:03 PM
  • hey i have the same problem.. I can't log in to the communicator even if i have disabled my pop-up blockes already.  and there's a weird pop-up that is showing everytime i go to our communicator web access site.. the /cwa/blank.htm shows!

Please help.. im no technical.. so I hope you can give me easy steps. thanks!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:45 AM