How to download vista 32 bit home edition I have product key. RRS feed

• Question

• Once again, I have the product key, i dont want a link to any pirated crap, I had a factory installed vista on my computer and hp didn't supply me with an install disc. Ive tried downloading a recovery disc. but it didnt have the files i needed to recover this computer so i downloaded a linux to run the computer with, but its not working out. So i need the INSTALL download so that i may reinstall vista, i have a product key so i am not purchasing another  overpriced OS.
    • Moved by Dave Lerner Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:21 PM Not a MOSI issue (From:Microsoft Online Syndication Interface Developer Forum (MOSI))
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• "CkeanuN" wrote in message news:1c357fc3-16ee-4025-ae9d-46e606d4d13e...
    Once again, I have the product key, i dont want a link to any pirated crap, I had a factory installed vista on my computer and hp didn't supply me with an install disc. Ive tried downloading a recovery disc. but it didnt have the files i needed to recover this computer so i downloaded a linux to run the computer with, but its not working out. So i need the INSTALL download so that i may reinstall vista, i have a product key so i am not purchasing another  overpriced OS.

It would help if you posted to the appropriate forum for your problem - this forum is for discussion of the Windows Genuine Advantage program as a whole, not for troubleshooting installations.
    Since your problem appears to be with installing a Vista OEM edition, I suggest that you contact your computer's manufacturer, and request a set of Recovery disks for your PC - they will normally provide them for a reasonable cost.

If you don't want to do that, then post with a LOT more detail in the Vista Installation Answers forum, here -

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Please see:  How to replace Microsoft software

Carey Frisch
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:38 PM