Select folders for Online Photo backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I just wanted to know what bright light decided to work the other way around I mean by default backup all the photo's on your machine except for the folders you exclude?? Please tell me that after taking a subscription to online photo backup that I can select the one and only folder that contains my photo's and that I want to backup.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:37 AM

Answers

• The design of backup in OneCare, regular and photo backup, is that the local, internal hard drives are scanned for all matching types for the files to backup. You can then exclude branches or folders. So, if all of your photos are stored in C:\Photos, you can add exclusions for all other folders at the top level and nothing will be looked at for backup except the folder you did not exclude.

Yes, I know that seems counter-intuitive in your case, but that works best for most people, apparently, in that all photos from the PC will be backed up no matter where the user stored the pictures.

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:37 AM

All replies

• The design of backup in OneCare, regular and photo backup, is that the local, internal hard drives are scanned for all matching types for the files to backup. You can then exclude branches or folders. So, if all of your photos are stored in C:\Photos, you can add exclusions for all other folders at the top level and nothing will be looked at for backup except the folder you did not exclude.

Yes, I know that seems counter-intuitive in your case, but that works best for most people, apparently, in that all photos from the PC will be backed up no matter where the user stored the pictures.

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:37 AM
  • That is exactly what is wrong with the Microsoft products. I don't want Microsoft forcing me to a specific way of working. Better would be to give people the opportunity to select the folders you want to include AND to exclude folders. But hey I am just a customer so need to listen to me.

I am also assuming that if you create a new folder named C:\Pictures\ that it will be included next time as well to the inclusion list?

I am going to cancel my subscription and for the love of god fix the "You have been successfully logged out of the Forums" bug someone please.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:10 AM