My Windows XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchased (2) copies of Windows XP Professional from Indiana University. I bought (2) because of having a desktop and a laptop. Both these are for use as I pursue my degree. I have the CD's to both and know them to be legit. However, all of a sudden I am getting messages on one of my computers telling me that the operating system is no longer valid or words to that effect. When I purchased the software from the university I had no idea I was just "renting it" . I want to do what is legal and right but this has me confused. Can anyone tell me what is going on and what I need to do. Thank you.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:55 PM

Answers

• Ekim,

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

STehpen Holm, MS

Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:34 AM