none
Forums down? RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to go to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/forums it says that forums is down. But when I come directly to categories, then it shows threads. Is forums down or not? Why not directly forward to the threads instead of showing forums down -message?
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:52 PM

All replies

• You are getting in the infamous error 500.  It has nothing to do with maintenance, just the web server choking.  Probably because your login cookie is expired.  Ignore what the front page tells you, it is often wrong, click Sign-out and log back in.  The traditional login problems have made a new comeback in the latest release.
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:42 PM
  • I get this a lot too :(

I have marked the My Forums Threads as a favourite, but it never works when I directly try to login in the morning. I have to sign in again....
    Ganesh Ranganathan
    [Please mark the post as answer if you find it helpful]
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:02 AM
  • You are getting in the infamous error 500.  It has nothing to do with maintenance, just the web server choking.  Probably because your login cookie is expired.  Ignore what the front page tells you, it is often wrong, click Sign-out and log back in.  The traditional login problems have made a new comeback in the latest release.
    Hans Passant.
    Cookie expired? That is one bad bug. User cannot get in, because his cookie is expired.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:56 PM