How bout localized version? RRS feed

• Question

• I signed up for beta testing WHS SP1, but since I am using a French version I was wondering if this localized version would be part of the beta?

Thanks

Friday, May 23, 2008 8:29 AM

Answers

• Current plan is to have a German version of the update package.  So German and English will be available in the RC4 timeframe.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:15 PM
  • no plans for a french or spanish version with Power Pack 1.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:51 PM
  • you misunderstood ===> No plans for BETA versions of Power Pack 1 in French or Spanish or Japanese or Chinese.

Power Pack 1 will ship in French, Spanish, German, English, Japanese and 3 variants of Chinese when it is complete.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:44 PM
  • The German Update package and ISOs for the DVD/CDs are available on Connect for Power Pack 1 RC4 beta.  I just checked and they are available if you click on the Download link.

The reason the build # is incremented to 1771.3 is because we had to do 3 more builds after 1771 to fix localization bugs with the Germen build -  where the strings were either not translated or the translation was deemed to be needing a fix.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:58 PM

All replies

• A german beta would be nice too... Smile

Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Current plan is to have a German version of the update package.  So German and English will be available in the RC4 timeframe.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:15 PM
  • did you keep the "german" update still on the schedule?, cause the english will not update a german installation. tnx

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:31 AM
  • German version is in the final test pass - ask for an update on status at the end of this week. 

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:53 AM
  • How about the french version schedule?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:22 AM
  • no plans for a french or spanish version with Power Pack 1.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

This was not the answer I was expecting!

I can understand some delays between the standard US release and some localized versions. But I can hardly understand that there is no released planned as we have the same issues than the US version (data corruption and Music playback) which have been solved in the Power Pack 1 beta (as fas as I can read from other posts).

If you confirm that you have no plans for a french Power Pack 1, I would like to know how to switch my HP SmartMedia server to a US version. I do not care about US or french. It just happened to me to buy it in France. I would have had the choice  would have bought a US version.

Now given you answer, I am questionning MS willingness to promote this product further. Is MS going to leave the Home server market ( or restrict it to the US market)? Was it a good investment to buy a WHS server ? I have a lot of questions that most of your foreign customers would lie to be answered.

Looking forward to reading your comments.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:20 PM
  • you misunderstood ===> No plans for BETA versions of Power Pack 1 in French or Spanish or Japanese or Chinese.

Power Pack 1 will ship in French, Spanish, German, English, Japanese and 3 variants of Chinese when it is complete.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:44 PM
  •  

Well the WHS team must have some really good friend in Germany then !

I am also waiting for the french version ( too bad for the Swiss, the french and the Canadian french then :-( )

Dag

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Great! This is the news I was expecting.

I'll be patient. No worry.

Just keep all your foreign customers informed.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:05 PM
  • Well, what should we expect, we are not even in the top 10 in the WHS world cup ! 15th on 16 country !

http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2008/04/14/world-cup-standings.aspx

Patiently waiting for it too
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:10 PM
  • Yes this is very disappointing.

But I have not seen any press reviews, advertising or any promo running in France!

Not to mention how difficult it is to find and buy WHS in a shop or an HP MediaSmart server.

As long as MS and its OEMs will not do their job, the product will not sell and France will keep at the end of the queue.

But in order to stay positive, let's say that that have a huge opportunity of progress!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Any news about the german version of PP1?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:02 AM
  •  T. Headrick wrote:
    German version is in the final test pass - ask for an update on status at the end of this week. 

Hello, any change on this subject?

Monday, June 16, 2008 6:35 AM
  • Test signed off this morning - the GERMAN verision of the Power Pack 1 Release Candidate 4 update package should get posted to Connect later today.   And the ISO images for the DVD and CDs should be available tomorrow.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:54 PM
  •  T. Headrick wrote:

... should get posted to Connect later today.   ... should be available tomorrow.

*sing* "that was yesterday" by Foreigner (pun intended)
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:39 AM
  • The German Update package and ISOs for the DVD/CDs are available on Connect for Power Pack 1 RC4 beta.  I just checked and they are available if you click on the Download link.

The reason the build # is incremented to 1771.3 is because we had to do 3 more builds after 1771 to fix localization bugs with the Germen build -  where the strings were either not translated or the translation was deemed to be needing a fix.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:58 PM
  •  T. Headrick wrote:

The German Update package and ISOs for the DVD/CDs are available on Connect for Power Pack 1 RC4 beta.  I just checked and they are available if you click on the Download link.

Hello Mr. Headrick. Could it be that you are testing the link internal? Last showup at Connect after the personal logon is the package "13.06.2008 Windows Home Server Feature Focus 1 PC Applications..."

logoff, logon, refresh of the page will not change the actual content. Maybe an "over the ocean time gap"?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:09 PM
  • my bad - used the wrong connect account to test availability.

It is on Connect but it still neds to be downloaded and tested to ensure that the builds that have been uploaded to Connect are ready for broad testing

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:40 PM
  •  T. Headrick wrote:

my bad - used the wrong connect account to test availability.

It is on Connect but it still neds to be downloaded and tested to ensure that the builds that have been uploaded to Connect are ready for broad testing

Hello Mr. Headrick, the german version is online. thank you

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:16 PM
  • I am sorry it took so long - the team decided to take a few fixes - thus the .3 build number off of 1771 - so that everybody testing the German build would not report the same 3 obvious bugs. 

Happy testing !!  Please try to edit files stored on your home server's shared folders from PC applications across your home networks.  That is the big focus for this beta !! 

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:43 PM