no PC Sticker with Get Genuine Online Kit RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft was happy to authenticate Win 7 on my computer in December, then decided in March to prompt me to validate Windows again.  I did this and  immediately became the victim of harrassment, my Desktop theme was randomly changed to a black background and a notice in the bottom right of my screen said that Windows was not authentic. 

I contacted WMA and talked to "Andy".  She told me to contact the person I bought Windows 7 from and request a refund.  As it turns out, because Microsoft took so long in deciding to de-authorize my copy of Windows 7, this person has become unlocatable.  I called WGA back and again talked to Andy.  She again told me to request a refund, and I told her where I had bought the OS and the person's name. 

I noted that Microsoft offered to make my windows legal for $200, and discussed this with Andy.  Because the person who sold me Windows 7 had provided me a very convincing email with a product key, but had not provided an actual sticker to put on my computer, I clearly asked Andy if I bought the Get Genuine Kit, would I receive a sticker for my computer with my Get Genuine Kit.  She told me that I would. 

service@microsoft.com immediately sent me a product key and once authenticated the notification in the corner of the screen went away and MGA stopped playing hyjinx with my background theme.  I felt better, but am still disappointed that Microsoft seems to be abetting the party that originally sold me Windows 7.  By allowing them to pay for an MSDN version which they sold me and allowing me to buy and authenticate it, and then later holding my computer at ransom until I shelled out more bucks, Microsoft has collected twice for the product on my computer.

The real disappointing thing is that the Get Genuine Kit that arrived a week later DOES NOT include an authentication sticker.  So I am still up in the air with Windows 7 running but do not have the sticker that Microsoft advertises is the proof of authenticy. 

Have I been duped again? 

Is it possible that Andy and MGA are actually another set of pirates that have robbed me of another $200 and given me a number that only temporarily works? 

Why is there no authentication sticker?  

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:43 PM

Answers

• "DisappointedwithWGA" wrote in message news:1c58a0e1-fa68-40de-8230-a0d8459a00ae...

Microsoft was happy to authenticate Win 7 on my computer in December, then decided in March to prompt me to validate Windows again.  I did this and  immediately became the victim of harrassment, my Desktop theme was randomly changed to a black background and a notice in the bottom right of my screen said that Windows was not authentic. 

I contacted WMA and talked to "Andy".  She told me to contact the person I bought Windows 7 from and request a refund.  As it turns out, because Microsoft took so long in deciding to de-authorize my copy of Windows 7, this person has become unlocatable.  I called WGA back and again talked to Andy.  She again told me to request a refund, and I told her where I had bought the OS and the person's name. 

I noted that Microsoft offered to make my windows legal for $200, and discussed this with Andy.  Because the person who sold me Windows 7 had provided me a very convincing email with a product key, but had not provided an actual sticker to put on my computer, I clearly asked Andy if I bought the Get Genuine Kit, would I receive a sticker for my computer with my Get Genuine Kit.  She told me that I would. 

service@microsoft.com immediately sent me a product key and once authenticated the notification in the corner of the screen went away and MGA stopped playing hyjinx with my background theme.  I felt better, but am still disappointed that Microsoft seems to be abetting the party that originally sold me Windows 7.  By allowing them to pay for an MSDN version which they sold me and allowing me to buy and authenticate it, and then later holding my computer at ransom until I shelled out more bucks, Microsoft has collected twice for the product on my computer.

The real disappointing thing is that the Get Genuine Kit that arrived a week later DOES NOT include an authentication sticker.  So I am still up in the air with Windows 7 running but do not have the sticker that Microsoft advertises is the proof of authenticy. 

Have I been duped again? 

Is it possible that Andy and MGA are actually another set of pirates that have robbed me of another $200 and given me a number that only temporarily works? 

The Get Genuine Kit is a Retail one - and Retail product do not have stickers.
    Instead, with the WGA kit, you should keep your receipt and Key from the sale documents.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:24 PM
  • If you have any questions regarding the WGA Kit purchase, there should be a phone number or URL, on the receipt mail you received, to contact Order Support.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:04 PM

All replies

• "DisappointedwithWGA" wrote in message news:1c58a0e1-fa68-40de-8230-a0d8459a00ae...

Microsoft was happy to authenticate Win 7 on my computer in December, then decided in March to prompt me to validate Windows again.  I did this and  immediately became the victim of harrassment, my Desktop theme was randomly changed to a black background and a notice in the bottom right of my screen said that Windows was not authentic. 

Have I been duped again? 

The Get Genuine Kit is a Retail one - and Retail product do not have stickers.
    Instead, with the WGA kit, you should keep your receipt and Key from the sale documents.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:24 PM
  • If you have any questions regarding the WGA Kit purchase, there should be a phone number or URL, on the receipt mail you received, to contact Order Support.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:04 PM