Has duplicate detection gotten fiercer in Fall 13 edition? It coughs on same First Name regardless of Last Name (!) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Outlook contact called James Hall - when I tried to 'Track' it in CRM (with Fall 13 upgrade) a window pops up to inform me of 9 other people already in CRM whose names begin with "James". Their surnames are completely different but CRM is still worried just in case ... 

... and yesterday I had a CSV import of Contacts to CRM fail on several records which it claimed were duplicates. I wonder if its the same problem? Damn those common first names!

Tried to visit my Duplicate Detection Rules but got one of the wonderfully useful error messages that CRM dishes out i.e. "An error has occurred". How do I report that?? How could anyone ever hope to investigate it???

aaargh

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:49 PM

Answers

• I'll answer my own post - when I finally got into the Duplicate Detection Rules, I found the SYSTEM had included just the one I was worried about - i.e. same First Name = possible duplicate. I deleted it. Can't think why the SYSTEM added it in the first place.
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:02 PM