Windows SDK redistributables/dlls for ARM64 missing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently trying to build the MESA library with DX12 backend for ARM64. However i have dependencies to the following 2 DLLs:

dxil.dll and dxcompiler.dll

For some reason i can only find x86 and x64 versions of both libraries in the Windows 10 SDKs.

Help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Thala

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Thala,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I check on my side but also don't find them, maybe there is no dxil.dll and dxcompiler.dll for ARM64 in Windows SDK. I recommend you redirect to GitHub(Microsoft/DirectXShaderCompiler) and start a new thread there to seek for a more professional help, or following this similar issue.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other concern.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:21 AM
  • Thanks very much, Tianyu!

Looks like there is a way to dxcompiler.dll as it is part of the github project you referenced. Do you also know a good reference or contact regarding dxil.dll by chance?

I also did put a comment under the "similar issue" but the issue is open since 2 months with no response as far.

Best Regards

Thala

• Edited by Tala04 Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:24 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:22 PM
  • Hi Thala,

Thank you for your feedback.

>> Do you also know a good reference or contact regarding dxil.dll by chance?

## Maybe following links could help you, DX Compiler Release and DXIL. You can try to compile on your ARM64 platform.

>> but the issue is open since 2 months with no response as far.

## Perhaps you can also try to start a new thread on GitHub.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:21 AM